SJ-R Frequently Asked Questions


Q:  How can I contact the State Journal-Register?

A click here or call 800-397-2472 or 217-788-1440 or e-mail us at

Q:  What if I forget my password?

A click here or select the "Forget Password?" link on the main page.  The "Forget Password?" link is located to the left of the Login button.

Q:  What if I have a problem navigating

A:  If you experience a problem navigating our sites, please e-mail us at and describe in as much detail as possible, including the steps you take leading up to it, how often it occurs, and the exact text of any error message that you receive.  The information you provide will help us to find a solution more quickly. 

Q:  What circulation customer services are available on  

A: You can:


Q:  Can I suspend my service if I am away from home?  Will my account be credited? 

A: Yes.  Subscribers may suspend print delivery during vacation periods. For vacation periods less than14 days billing continues and subscriber maintains access to the digital portion of subscription. Subscribers also have option to have print copies held as Vacation Pack or may donate the newspaper value to our Newspaper In Education (NIE) program.

If you would like to have the newspapers saved and delivered to you on your restart date, proceed to .Temp Stops and Restarts. and choose VacPack. 

Q:  What should I do if my newspaper does not arrive or if sections are missing?   

A: Contact the State Journal-Register at 800-397-2472 or 217-788-1440 if your newspaper has not arrived by 6:00 a.m. Monday through Friday or by 7:00 a.m. on Weekends.  In many areas, if we receive your request before 9:00 a.m. Monday through Friday or 10:00 a.m. on Weekends and Holidays we can quickly redeliver another copy of the newspaper.